Introduced Additional Filters in Advanced Search for Quote/Cart/SO/PO Listing Page
- Advanced Search page will be divided into 3 sections
1) Transaction Header
2) Line Item
3) Tracking Details - This section will be visible only for Sales Orders/ Purchase Orders
- In Line item section, new filters that have been introduced are as follows:
1) Subscription Term
3) Instance Number
4) Serial Number
8) UID Number
Introduced 'Enable Shipping Address Verification' flag in CC Authorizer - Paypal Express Checkout setup page
- A new flag called 'Enable Shipping Address Verification' flag has been introduced in CC Authorizer - Paypal Express Checkout setup page.
- To view this flag go to: BO>>Admin>>Account Profile>>CC Authorizer>>PayPal Checkout>>Enable Shipping Address Verification
- By default this flag will be enabled at VARStreet BO. When this flag is checked, PayPal will validate the shipping address (City, State, and Postal Code) entered at checkout. If it does not match PayPal will throw an error, suggesting that shipping address is invalid.
- If this flag is checked, PayPal will process transactions without validating the shipping address entered at Checkout
Introduced New variable 'Transaction URL' in Abandoned Transaction notification template
- Now customer can access cart from abandoned transaction notification email
- A new variable called 'Transaction URL' has been introduced in abandoned transaction notification template.
- This variable will be replaced with hyperlink "View Order" in the email.
- On clicking 'View Order' link, user will be redirected to login page & after login user will redirected to item tab of transaction.
- If the user is already logged in, system will redirect user to Item tab of transaction.
Use Case --> Previously when a customer was not completing the purchase, he was receiving abandoned transaction notification template. However, after logging into the account, the cart was found to be empty. Now using 'View Order' link in abandoned cart notification template, the customer can directly access the cart.
Introduced New Column 'Marketing Opted' in 'Store Registrations' Report
- Now by running 'Store Registrations' report, user can see list of customers who has opted to receive marketing emails such as welcome emails, newsletters, promotional and sales email campaigns, etc.
- A new column called 'Marketing Opted' has been introduced in 'Store Registrations' report. The text in this column will be either 'Yes' or 'No’
- 'Yes' indicates that the customer has opted to receive marketing emails
- 'No' indicates that the customer in not interested in receiving marketing emails.
- This new column addition will allow users to identify the number of customers that have shown interest in receiving marketing emails
- To access this feature go to BO>>Reports>>Store Registrations>>Marketing Opted
Introduced Ability to add Suffix to Distributor Name
- Now user can add a suffix to distributor name from Distributor Page. A new text field called 'Distributor Suffix' has been introduced in Distributor page.
- If this field is blank, the system will display the original distributor name. If the 'Distributor Suffix' field contains any text, then the text will be suffixed to the name of the distributor.
- For example, if the original distributor name is “Tech Data” and Distributor Suffix is “Global Source” then System will display the distributor name as “Tech Data(Global Source)”.
- To access this field go to ---> BO>> Admin>> AccountProfile>> Distributors>> Distributor Suffix
- The changed distributor name will reflect in the following areas:
a. Price Rules,
b. Freight Rules,
c. Handling Rules.
d. Special Pricing (Preferred Distributor)
e. Product Search - Product Detail's Page > Distributor Matrix
e. Sourcing Dropdown on Transactions (Product's tab and Edit Product Page)
f. Internal Preview of Transaction (Source Name column)
g. Create PO page - Distributor Drop down.
h. PO Creation - Distributor Selection.
i. Distributor report and Distributor margin report
j. Live P and A
Introduced Ability to Click and Open Attachments in Quote/SO
- Previously user could not directly view / open the attachments added in Quote/SO under 'Send' Tab. User had to first download the attachments and then view them.
Now users can directly view the attachments added in Quote/SO under Send Tab. System will display hyperlink for the attachments added in Quote/SO under Send Tab
- Clicking on the hyperlink will allow user to open the attachment. However, if the browser doesn’t support directly opening a document from hyperlink, the attachment will be downloaded.
Modifications to Existing Features
Introduced 'Quantity Ordered' Column in Tracking Window for SO/PO
- A new column called 'Quantity Ordered' has been introduced in tracking window for SO/PO.
- In this column we will show Quantity entered in Sales Order/Purchase Order. It will be shown as label.
Carrier Name will now be displayed in Shipment Notification Email
- A provision has been made to display carrier name in shipment notification email.
- A new column called 'Carrier Name' has been introduced in existing 'Tracking Numbers Details' variable of shipment
notification email template.
- In case of standard carrier, hyperlink will be available to tracking number.
- In case of custom carrier, tracking number will be visible without a hyperlink.
- On clicking the Tracking Number, system will redirect user to respective carrier’s site
Quote/SO/PO default flag in Approval Workflow Definition has been Removed
Previously, when an approval workflow was assigned to a specific user, it was not getting triggered as expected. This was happening because the Quote/SO/PO default flag under 'Assign User' Tab was not checked for that user.
- The Quote/SO/PO flag against each user in the workflow definition has been removed.
- So now an approval workflow assigned to any user will get triggered as expected. If any user is associated with multiple workflows, they will trigger as expected for that user, one after another.
Introduced Ability to Display Tax Code in Custom Catalog Products Listing Page
- Tax code will now be displayed in custom catalog Products Listing page in product description column provided it is available / defined for a product from custom catalog.
- If no tax code is defined, then it won't be displayed in product listing page.
Now System will Retain the Last Message (Email Body and Subject line) in Quote, SO and PO Templates
When the user has emailed a quote/SO/PO through Send Tab, system was not retaining the last message in the email body and subject line.
Now when the user emails a quote/SO/PO through Send Tab, system will retain the last message in the email body and subject line. So whenever sales rep wants to send the same quote, the last message will be retained.
Introduced Ability to change Account Executive / Sales rep. in Opportunity under CRM Module
Previously, once the Opportunity has been saved in VS, the Account Executive (AE) field was found to be non-editable. The Account executive or sales rep associated with the opportunity couldn't be changed.
Now Account Executive (AE) field in an opportunity is editable. Hence the sales rep in the opportunity can be changed even after it has been saved.
General Bug Fixes
User Unable to Create Product-based Rule
In an attempt to create a product-based rule under default Price profile, user was selecting the product & clicking on the Select button. However, user was unable to select the product.
The issue has now been fixed. Now user will be able to select any product and create a product-based rule under default Price profile.
P.S.----> This issue was detected only in UK customer account.
Tax Percent (%) in Tax rule getting rounded off when entering 3 numbers after decimal point.
While creating Tax rule, Tax percent (%) was getting rounded off when entering 3 numbers after decimal point
The issue has been fixed. Now while creating Tax rule, Tax percent (%) will not get rounded off when entering 3 numbers after decimal amount.
Search option on tax rule listing page not working using Tax percent (%), Created/Modified date and
'Modified By' Column
Previously, search option on tax rule listing page not working using Tax percent (%), Created/Modified date and 'Modified By' Column
The issue has been fixed. Now search option on tax rule listing page will work using Tax percent (%), Created/Modified on date and 'Modified By' Column
Links to redirect a user from store banner image was not working
Previously, when user was placing product link on website banners, it was not working on store.
Now if product link is attached to banner then it will work on store and system will redirect user to product details page.
Items in a cart were being removed if a Credit Card was Declined
Previously when user was attempting to make payment via credit card and if it was declined, cart items were removed. User had to go back and select all items again.
The issue has been fixed. Now whenever user makes an attempt to make payment via credit card and if it is declined, cart item count will remain the same on continue checkout page.