Now User can mark a Customer as Tax Exempt
- Now the end customer will have the option to mark themselves as tax exempt at the time of registration.
- Previously in sales reports, the distributor dropdown menu was only displaying VARStreet (VS) distributors. As a result,
the users could not run sales reports and find transactions associated with custom distributors.
- A new checkbox called "Show Tax Exemption Option" has been introduced under Store Setup ‘Registration’ Page.
- If this checkbox is checked,"Tax exempted" checkbox will be visible to the user on store registration page.
- To access this checkbox go to-->BO>>eCommerce>>Store>>Setup>>Mobile Store>>Registration>>Show Tax
- When a new customer registers on the store and has checked the "Tax exempted" flag, then that customer and its
related contacts will be marked as tax exempted. ?The customer will not be charged any tax at the time of cart checkout.
Introduced Ability to add Contacts as Individual Contacts in customer master, even if they Registered as an Organization
- Now user can create contact as individual contact even if the contact registers as an organization
- A new link called "Click here to Add this as individual contact record" has been introduced in Store Message.
- To view this link go to BO>>e>>Store>>Store Messages>>Click here to Add this as individual contact record
- On clicking this link, the contact will be created as individual contact.
- Even if user enters Customer Name or selects existing Customer from the list, on clicking this link, system will create a new individual contact.
Ability to add Product Details in 'Order Alert' and 'Approval Order Alert' Email Notifications
- Now 'Order Alert' and 'Approval Order Alert' emails can have in-depth information of the products that are ordered.
- Whenever a customer submits cart/quote on store then the system triggers an Order Alert email notification to associated sales rep.
- A new variable called 'Product Details' has been introduced in 'Order Alert' and 'Approval Order Alert' email notification templates.
- When these emails are triggered, the 'Product Details' variable will be replaced product information. It will display the following information in the tabular format:
1) MFR Part#
2) Description (up to 50 characters)
5) Extended Price
Use Case---> This feature will provide good insights about the products that are being ordered on the store.
Modifications to Existing Features
In Sales Reports, Distributor Dropdown will also list Custom Distributors
Previously in sales reports, the distributor dropdown menu was only displaying VARStreet (VS) distributors. As a result, the users could not run sales reports and find transactions associated with custom distributors.
Now the distributor dropdown menu will show all distributors including VS and custom distributors. User can run sales reports and find transactions created for custom distributors.
'My Account Section' on storefront to be Responsive
- 'My Account Section' on storefront can now be set as responsive.
- A new flag called 'Responsive Layout for My Account Section' has been introduced under Store Setup:Display for Responsive store.
- To view this flag go to--->BO>>eCommerce>>Store>>Mobile Store>>Setup>>Display>>Responsive Layout for My Account Section
- When this flag is checked, all the 'My Account Section' pages on store will be responsive
Use Case----> Previously user had to scroll to view Spend Reports in 'My Account Section'. Now with Account Section becoming more responsive, this scrolling is no longer required.
Changes in Commission Reports
- Summary total will be added at the bottom for all $ value columns in Commission Report.
- In the commission report, the system will display “Summary total” for the below columns.
- Order Tax
- Order Subtotal
- CC Fee
- Cost of Goods
- Gross Profit
- Net Profit
Changes in Product-based Price Rule Upload Wizard File format
- Now 'IsVARStreet (Y/N)' is no longer mandatory in upload file of product based price rule
- Now system will use 'Mfr. Part#' and 'Mfr. Name' to upload product-based price rule through Upload Wizard
- System will not validate 'IsVARStreet (Y/N)' column when user is uploading product-based price rule through Upload Wizard.
- If user enters Mfr. Part# with Mfr. Name then system will pick the exact product and upload that product-based price rule.
- If same Mfr. part# is present twice with different Mfr. Names and user does not enter Mfr. Name then system will not upload that product-based price rule.
- Export error log system will display product details which are coming from multiple Mfr. Names
Use Case -> User was trying to update the product prices (through Upload Wizard) However, two different manufacturers had the same Mfr. Part#. System was updating the product prices of the other manufacturer. Hence the change.
Update to Product Return feature
- Now user can mark 'Product Condition' field mandatory in Return Request Popup ((both on Store and BackOffice).
- A new flag called “Product condition mandatory” has been introduced under Returns menu.
- When this flag is checked, the 'Product Condition' field will be mandatory in Return Request popup (both on Store
- If this field is checked, users/end customers cannot submit return request without entering details in 'Product Condition' field.
General Bug Fixes
User Unable to Update/Delete Incorrect Tax Code
Even after updating/deleting the incorrect tax code from Tax rule section, user was able to view it in Tax Code Dropdown in transactions.
- The issue has been fixed. Now once the tax code has been deleted/updated in Tax rule section, the change will be reflected in Tax code dropdown.
- Now system will display only those Tax Codes in Tax Code Drop down that are present in Tax Rule Listing Page.