Now Address is Mandatory while Registering on latest version of Store
Previously end customer could register on latest version of store by simply entering name, phone and email address.
- Now end customer will have to enter address details while registering for latest version of store.
- A new flag called "Accept Address on Registration" has been introduced in Store setup under registration section.
- When this flag is activated, it is mandatory for end customers to enter details in the address fields while registering on latest version of store. The address fields include Address 1, Address 2, City, Country, State and Zip. Except Fax all other fields are mandatory.
- By default this flag "Accept Address on Registration" will be inactive and will be visible only if Registration is allowed. i.e Allow registration is not set to "None"
Introduced Ability to Define Allowed Payment and Shipment Method on Store Registration Page for Latest Version of Store
- Now user can define allowed payment and shipping method on registration page for latest version of store.
- Two new flags called "Accept Payment Method on Registration Page" and "Accept Shipment Method on Registration Page" have been introduced on registration page under store setup in BO for latest version of store.
- To access these flags, one can go to
BO>>eCommerce>>Store>>Setup>>Store>>Registration>>Edit>>Registration>>"Accept Payment Method on Registration Page", “Accept Shipping Method on Registration Page"
- Once these flags are activated, allowed payment and shipment methods will be displayed in dropdown to select. After selection, only allowed payment and shipment methods will be visible for latest version of store.
Previously user could apply discount only in percentage in Quote/Cart/SO.
- Now in addition to defining discount in percentage, user can add discount in $ amount as well in quote/cart/SO.
- Once the discount amount in $ has been entered in Quote/Cart/SO and user clicks on recalculate link then system will show the "Prorated Discount" and "Net Extended Price" at line item level.
- Net Extended Price = Extended price - Prorated Discount
- Prorated Discount and Net Extended Price will be visible on the product's tab on Quote/SO/Cart.
Implementation of Level 3 Integration for PayPal in VARStreet
- Level 3 integration for PayPal has been implemented in VARStreet. Level 3 credit card (CC) processing has been built for PayPal in VARStreet.
- When credit card has been charged, authorized or preauthorized then in that case VARStreet will automatically populate the required fields and send it to PayPal.
- This change is applicable in VARStreet BackOffice (BO), New Store, Responsive Store and Latest Version of Store.
Introduced 'Year' Option in 'Time Period' Dropdown Field in Order Value Approval Workflow Page on Responsive Store
- 'Year' option has been introduced in 'Time Period' dropdown field in order value approval workflow popup page on Responsive store.
- When 'Per Year' option is selected in 'Time Period' drop down then system will check the transaction count of contact for that year to validate the approval workflow on store.
- If user creates an order value rule and selects 'Year' in time period dropdown then system will check number of transaction of that respective year to validate workflow.
- If number of transaction of that year with defined order value range exceeds defined transaction limit then system
Introduced Ability to View Quote Online and Submit Order
Previously there was only one option 'Send Payment Link' in 'Quotation - Send Tab'. With this option the end customer could confirm the quote and then proceed to payment.
- Now the end customer can either pay for the quote immediately or view quote online and then submit order.
- A new flag called "Enable Payment or Confirmation Link for Cart/Quote" has been introduced in Business Rules under 'General Defaults' Tab.
- To access this flag go to----> BO>>Admin>>Accounting Settings>>Business Rules>>General Defaults>>Enable Payment or Confirmation Link for Cart/Quote
- When this flag is activated, a checkbox "View and Confirm Cart/Quote" will be displayed on Quotation - Send Tab. Below the checkbox there are two radio buttons; 1) Pay and Confiirm 2)Confirm without Paying
- Upon selecting "Pay and Confirm" option and sending the quote, system will redirect the end customer to preview where system will display "Confirm and Proceed to Payment" button. Once this button is selected, user can make payment online and confirm the cart
- Upon selecting "Confirm without Paying" option and sending the quote, system will redirect the user to preview where system will display "Submit" button.
- If Quote is sent with "Pay and Confirm" option then the message in the Mail body would be "Click here to View your Quote/Cart/Order & Pay Online".
- If Quote is sent with "Confirm without Paying" option then the message in the Mail body would be" "Click here to View your Quote/Cart/Order online".
Modifications to Existing Features
Introduced Breadcrumb Menu in CRM Module
Breadcrumb menu has been introduced for the following pages under CRM module. This will ensure easy navigation between pages.
- Opportunity Details Page
- Lead Details Page
- Customer Details Page
For instance, there is breadcrumb menu as "Opportunity List>>Customer Details>>Opportunity- ID. This will allow user to easily navigate from opportunity details page to opportunity list.
Introduced Notes Field in Tracking Details Pop-Up Window
- A new field called 'Notes' has been introduced in tracking details popup window. The character limit of 'Notes' field is 4000 characters.
- When any note is present for line item in tracking details popup then same will get displayed to user on packing slip page as well.
Character Limit of Tracking Number Field increased to 4000 Characters
User was finding it difficult to add tracking number for a product with multiple quantities. Hence to resolve this issue, the character limit of tracking number field has been increased to 4000 characters.
Changes in Domain Login Popup Window (Applicable only for Users using Email Domain Login Feature)
Previously when end customer was logging into the store using email domain, system would prompt the user to enter First Name & Last Name, Shipping Address and Billing Address.
- Now when the end customer logs into the store using email domain, system will prompt the user to enter only First Name & Last Name.
- Shipping and Billing address will now be captured on transaction (Cart/Quote) and moreover new address will be set as default address.
- A new flag called "Show Address on Cart Checkout" has been introduced at Customer Level.
- This flag will be visible only if "Login using Email Domain" flag is ON for customer and an option is selected in "Require Contact to enter address" drop down field.
- Once the user updates the address in transaction (Cart) and clicks on continue checkout button, system will set the updated address as contact default address. The setting of default address will also work as per option set in "Require Contact to enter address" drop down field.
- For eg: eg. If "Billing and Shipping Address" option is selected in drop down field then system will set the both the address as contact default address.
Changes in Tax Calculations
- Even if Customer/Contact is tax exempted or Collect tax flag is OFF for State, system will pull tax % and calculate tax in transaction whenever user manually checks the taxable flags at line item level and clicks on recalculate link.
- Depending upon what option has been selected for "Calculate Tax On" field in Tax settings, system will pull the tax % in transaction. For eg, if Billing or Shipping address is set in Tax settings then system will use "Billing or Shipping Address Zip Code to pull tax and then calculate the tax amount in Transaction.
- If user defines the tax code along with % in tax rule for product or category then system will use tax rule settings to pull tax % in transaction.
- If Avalara is ON for the user (reseller) then the system will pull the tax % from Avalara and then calculate the tax in transaction.
- Now wherever applicable system will display the zero (0) tax % and amount at line item level when obtained from Avalara.
All Text Boxes in VARStreet BackOffice are now Expandable
Previously only the "Customer Comments" text box in Quotation and Sales order section under Terms Tab was expandable.
- Now all text boxes in VARStreet BackOffice are expandable.
- The text boxes will expand in a vertical direction only so that it does not disturb the page UI. While the page is getting refreshed, the text boxes will retain their default size.
General Bug Fixes
System not Showing any Error when Entering incorrect Zip Code in Upload Wizard File
Previously system was not validating data when user was entering incorrect zip code and country in upload wizard file for Contacts/Customers Address/Contacts Address.
Now system will validate data and show incorrect message whenever user enters wrong zip code and country in upload wizard file for Contacts/Customers Address/Contacts Address.
Opportunity Advance Search not Working with Pick List UDF Option
Previously in opportunity advance search, when user was searching using one parameter in pick list UDF option, it wasn't working. This was happening because system was using 'data value' to pull the parameter in search results. As data value and display value were different, system was not showing any results
The issue has been fixed. Now in opportunity advance search, system will use 'display value' to pull the parameter in search results. This will allow user to obtain search results using pick list UDF option.
System Showing Non-Returnable Label on Store even though the Product is Returnable
Previously system was showing non-returnable label at line item level on order preview on store even though the return for order was not enabled yet.
- Now system will not show non-returnable label at line item level on order preview on store unless and until return for order has been enabled.
- System will also not display non-returnable label againts products which doesn't have non-returnable rule defined against them.
- Also, 'Non-Returnable Item' label will not be displayed against items which doesn’t have tracking details yet.
Default Sales Rep Receives a Quote after Customer does an RFQ on Responsive Store
Although not assigned to the quote, default sales rep was receiving the quote after the customer did an RFQ on Responsive store. This was happening because the customer had sent the quote after expiry of login session.
Now system will validate whether user session on store is active or inactive. So if the customer sends the quote after expiry of login session, system will redirect the user to session expiry page. In case the session has not expired, the quote will be created and sent to the right contact/sales rep.